Hi, my name’s Miki and I’m a self-confessed kids’ shoe addict.
I’m not alone: KSF readers Jodi and Melanie recently requested a post on shoes and boots for little feet, and I am more than happy to oblige! (In fact, I have been wanting an excuse to sit down and hunt out some awesome little shoes as my son (nearly two) has just grown out of his last pair of Pedipeds and his Walnuts are still too big for him – and that’s not as rude as it sounds!)
So, where to begin? Well, with winter approaching it seems sensible to look for boots – after all, we mums love to wear our boots in winter so who’s to say that the kids don’t too? Luckily there are boots galore in all sorts of sizes to suit all sorts of ages, and both girls and boys. Have a look at the image collage below for some of my faves.
Sneakers are always a goer regardless of your child’s age or gender. Take them anywhere, do anything in them; they can be teamed with the girliest of tutus or the most macho jeans and shirts you can imagine. I think every child should have at least one or two pairs of sneakers!
Don’t forget that babies and young toddlers should be in soft-soled shoes until several months after walking has been established. Plenty of research shows that babies’ feet develop best when they learn to walk barefoot, and soft soled shoes are a good alternative where bare feet just aren’t practical. The soft little leather shoes from brands such as Robeez, Star Child, Beautiful Soles and Skeanie are also great for protecting crawlers’ feet.
Well without further ado, here are my picks for the cutest kids’ shoes and boots this season! Enjoy!
1. Baby Chick Pink Boots
2. Luxurious Cream Loafers, $49.95 from Skeanie
3. Morgan & Milo LTT Oxford – Red/Orange, $44.95 $39.95 from Where Did You Get That?
4. Walnut Desert Boots – Navy
5. LelliKelly Iris Laces Sequinned Boots, $114.00 $109.95 from Where Did You Get That?
6. Beautiful Soles Silver Rock Star Baby Shoe, $39.90 $29.95 from Bubba Funk
7. Star Child Cherry Baby
8. Scandeez Baby Leather Brown Moks
9. Walnut Mary Janes – French Navy Spot
10. Samvara Navaho Cowboy Boot – Chocolate, $114.00 from Bubba Funk
11. Fire Engine Red Boots, $39.95 from Skeanie
12. Robeez Guitar Soft-Soled Baby Shoes
13. Jack & Lily Love Birds – Chocolate, $54.95 from Little Styles
As always, please check individual sites for postage details, and have a look at the KidStyleFile All Current Deals page to make sure you’re getting the best deal on your purchase.