Post written by Miki
One of my absolute favourite styles of cuisine is Asian-fusion – a blend of classic Aussie fare and delicate Asian flavours and techniques. As far as food goes it’s as good as it gets and just thinking about it is making my mouth water! But today I want to talk about a new kind of Asian-fusion I’ve discovered: Little Urby – www.littleurby.com.au.
What does an adorable childrenswear online boutique have to do with cuisine? Quite a lot actually, because Little Urby is the spirit of Asian-fusion personified. Created by two Australian-based Asian expats, Phylice and Lin from Malaysia and Singapore respectively, the store showcases the best Australian childrenswear and decor brands with some truly wonderful finds from Asia. Lin and Phylice have lived in Australia for 10 years now and they’re committed to supporting our talented local designers even while they introduce stunning Asian labels new to the Australian market. I’ve got to say, the resulting mix at Little Urby is delectable!
On show at the moment is Little Urby’s new Autumn range featuring some fabulous brands out of South Korea including Annika, Amber, Amber Pure, Soft, Mery Jane and Peach&Cream. South Korean children’s fashion has all the practicality children need but the fashion is forward-looking and edgy with quirky little details and wonderful fabrics. You’ll also spot Singaporean label Project Little and its kimono-style babywear – simply gorgeous and *very* giftable.
So we’ve talked about the Asian part of the fusion, but what about the Aussie ingredients? You won’t be disappointed: Three Little Trees, Anton’s Lane, Boon, Printspace, 41 Orchard, An Angel At My Table, Annabel Trends, Forwalls, Little Chipipi and Dotty Spot Design. Plus, coming later this month, you’ll find Polka, Cocoon Couture, Little Lamb and Giddy Giddy at Little Urby.
Indulge in Asian-fusion children’s fashion and decor at Little Urby with 25% off store-wide – including Three Little Trees already on sale up to 40% off – until 30 April 2011 using discount code KSF25 at checkout. KSF readers in South East Asia also have a special offer just for them: $7.50 local postage for all orders to South East Asia using the code KSFSEA until 30 April 2011. Gobble it up!
Discounted prices quoted below are valid only until 30 April 2011 using the code KSF25.
1. Boon Bath Goods, $33.95 less 25% = $25.46
2. Annika Hener Jumper Skirt, $55.00 less 25% = $41.25
3. Amber Pure Aaron Shirt, $33.00 less 25% = $24.75
4. Dotty Spot Designs Alphabet Tree Canvas, from $89.00 less 25% = $66.75
5. Project Little Kimono Romper – Blue Trellis, $39.00 less 25% = $29.25
6. Peach & Cream Bobbi Doll Dress, $45.00 less 25% = $33.75
7. Anton’s Lane Forest Play Bedding, $169.00 less 25% = $126.75
8. Amber Pure Leopold Hat, $24.00 less 25% = $18.00
9. Project Little Mandarin Dress – Multi Bubbles, $59.00 less 25% = $44.25
10. Printspace ‘Hello Giraffe’ Art Print 8″x10″, $30.00 less 25% = $22.50
11. Three Little Trees Mini Maxi Dress, $35.95 less 25% = $26.96
12. Soft Reversible Padding Vest, $29.00 less 25% = $21.75
Little Urby stocks a fine range of labels from Australia and abroad including Amber, Amber Pure, Annika, Anton’s Lane, Peach&Cream, Printspace, Project Little, Soft, 41 Orchard, Ada-Ada, An Angel At My Table, Annabel Trends, Boon, Dingsbums, Dotty Spot, Ebulobo, Forwalls Decals, Heimlich Clear Cream, Kid-O, Mery Jane, mOmma, Moveables by Little Chipipi, Seedling and Three Little Trees.
Little Urby ships Australia-wide for a flat rate of $7.50 per parcel. Orders over $150 ship FREE. International orders welcome, please see the delivery page for details.