Written by Jen
When it comes to playtime, crafting has become an integral part of my children’s routine. At their Early Learning Centre, my boys are lucky enough to be immersed in a program that invests a lot of time in gentle exploration and creativity, allowing their imaginations to flourish and thrive. We have just received their ‘Reflections’ folder, brimming with artwork and images showing their various projects – utterly gorgeous!
I’m always looking for tips and tricks to creating at home, and when I read my daily fill of blog posts, I often think how, not so long ago, the choice of crafting ideas was pretty limited. But with the likes of Pinterest and so many wonderful blogs, the options are endless. Now there are lots of really impressive books that are packed with inspiration, leaving us spoilt for choice. Take Joel Henriques, for instance, a very clever Dad who began sharing his ideas on a simple blog called Made by Joel. Today it’s one of the biggest craft blogs around; and after appearing on TV with Martha Stewart, he recently launched his first book, Made to Play. Another creative blogger and former educator, Mariah Bruehl, has also just released her book Playful Learning, designed to teach kids (and us grown ups for that matter) about the simple things around us. These are only two of a very creative and industrious pack of writers and artists, generous enough to share their talents with you and I. The books selected here share a common ideal, to further develop the bond of family through creativity. Now how could that not make you feel completely inspired?
1. Playful Learning: Develop your Child’s Sense of Joy and Wonder, Mariah Bruehl $24.44 including delivery at Book Depository
2. Kids Crafternoon PaperCraft, Kathleen Ricketson $24.74 including delivery at Book Depository
3. The Creative Family, Amanda Blake Soule $20.18 including delivery at Book Depository
4. The Rhythm of Family, Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons, Amanda Blake Soule $21.24 including delivery at Book Depository
5. Made to Play, Joel Henriques $20.18 including delivery at Book Depository
6. Usborne 1000 Things to Make and Do, Fiona Watt $32.39 including delivery at Book Depository
7. Make and Takes for Kids, 50 Crafts Throughout the Year, Marie Lebaron $20.21 including delivery at Book Depository
8. Papertoy Monsters, Brian Castleforte $21.95 including delivery at Book Depository
9. The Golden of Family Fun,Peggy Brown, $18.14 including delivery at Book Depository
Book Depository ship all orders FREE, worldwide.