Written by Raquel
The sun may be setting a little earlier but when it comes to beautiful, eco friendly kids’ picks, the future is looking rather cherry – as in the amazingly awesome Cherry wood guitar I’ve spied on Etsy this month. And for sleepy heads what could be lovelier than another of May’s tweet finds: a sunny Kookaburra toddler pillow – enjoy!
The Green Guide is published once a month. Read previous ‘The Green Guide’ posts here.
(Top down, from left to right)
- Everbloom Studio’s little satchels of handmade sweet could give rise to a handbag addiction . This is no bad thing when the bags in question are candy bright, flower popping beauties fashioned from bamboo felt – sweet!
- Prepare to be a tad bit taken with these delightful baby accessories from Byron design studio Kambamboo. Featuring original ‘Bamboo’ and ‘Sleepy Kookarburra’ prints playfully paraded on lovely organic cotton/hemp fabrics, you’ll discover sweet baby blankets, bibs and my fave, their cuddly Journey pillow filled with recycled PET plastic fibre.
- Lil’ musicians are sure to dig Bambusa Toy’s stunning instruments; handcrafted from renewable Poplar, Adler and Cherry woods polished off with all natural bee’s wax, their awesome saxes and guitars eco friendly tune is hitting all the right notes.
- A rockin’ motorcycle embroidered jet black organic onesie is pretty rad, but the cool factor definitely multiplies when you realise you can nab one of these ace bodysuits from Morado Designs customised with your tyke’s name!
- A collaboration between Swedish sisters Anna, a product designer, and Stina, a children’s author and illustrator, Brokiga’s quirkily fresh kids’ products are produced using organic fabrics and include everything from bibs to cot sets and lamps.
- Got a girl who’s not so fond of jeans? Well clever Etsy sellar Broken Ghost has just the thing to change her mind; I’m happy to bet frilly skirt lovers will go a little gaga for these adorable upcycled boho denims.
- How could you possibly make Tegu’s awesome magnetic blocks even better? Give ‘em wheels! Yup, there’s no end to the play possibilities with this clever add on to their ginormously popular stackers.
- Another Byron Bay business that’s tickling the fancies of littlies with uniquely playful toys is OB Designs, and with their darling Dingarings already a smash hit, the new Flipity Flops are bound to follow. Made fairly in Indonesia, the cute teether toy has ribbons, squishy bean fill and wooden ring to soothe baby teeth.
- Splurge alert! Miniio’s breathtaking piece of eco-architecture (albeit, for Barbie no less!) is a bit of a bank breaker, as you may recall from KidStyleFile’s excellent roundup of the Best Dollhouses. Well, for those of you who fell in love with the striking handmade Polish abode and absolutely have to have it, you’re in luck! You can now nab this gorgeous bit of real estate locally at Miniio.
Please check individual sites for pricing and postage details and be sure to survey the KidStyleFile All Current Deals page to make sure you’re getting the best possible deal. Need to convert currency? Use the Xe.com currency conversion tool.