Written by Domenica
I feel like I am googling the weather forecast at least 3 times a day, such is my desperation for a sunny change in weather so the kids and I can head outdoors. If you are also struggling to keep your kids happy indoors, I suggest taking a look at some of the eco-friendly, boredom-busting toys below. From indoor planting and crafty fun to the cutest imaginative play, let’s try and keep boredom at bay the eco-way!
1. Everearth Tabletop Double-sided Easel: Everearth’s Easel easily converts from a magnetic board to a chalk board and folds away for quick storage. Everearth always use water-based paints and 70% of all packaging for toys is recycled paperboard. A perfect toy for taking to restaurants and cafes to keep kids happy and entertained.
2. Green Hat Workshop 100 Planks : This dynamic set of 100 building blocks will inspire creativity and building for kids of all ages. Precisely cut from sustainably farmed pine, the planks are identical in shape and size and perfect for creating endless structures.
3. Green Toys™ Indoor Gardening Kit: Who says you have to garden outdoors? Your kids can create their own mini plant or herb garden with Green Toys’ Indoor Gardening Kit. Like all Green Toys products, it is made from advanced environmentally friendly materials, helping to reduce fossil fuel use and CO2 emissions
4. Go Anna!: For some family card fun, why not try a game of Go Anna’s cards. With one set of cards and rules for three games, the whole family will enjoy these classic card games with an Aussie twist.
5. GLOB Paint Easy Shake Jars: GLOB is a very unique paint made from fruit, vegetable, flower and spice extracts. 100% natural, biodegradable and non-toxic, you add water to the jar and shake to watch the paint develop before your very eyes. That’s fun enough before the paint ever touches the (recycled) paper!
6. Craft A Card – Day: Using elephant dung to create paper products? Sounds gross so kids will love it! Kids will have fun creating cards with the supplies of this kit which includes: 10 blank coloured cards, envelopes with stickers, 14 unpainted animal shapes, 5 coloured sheets of paper, a pack of 8 oil pastels and an elephant fact sheet.
7. Needle Felted Kangaroo & Fox Family In Vintage Wooden Box: Mother Kangaroo and her two young foxes are a multicultural family living in an upcycled vintage wooden sewing box, which will look beautiful on a wall or a shelf, and add lots of character to a nursery or any other room. Lazy Animals designer, Ayelet, has heaps of other little friends waiting to make their way from her Tel Aviv studio to your home.
8. Recycled Paper Beads by 4M Green Creativity: Kids simply insert strips of recycled paper from newspapers or magazines into the tool and turn the handle to create colourful paper beads for making necklaces, bracelets and whatever they can imagine. It comes ready with strips of paper, but once you are done with those you can re-use old newspapers, magazines and junk mail and more to create cool beads sure to keep your little ones creating.
9. Bioviva 3D Tyrannosaurus Model EcoKit: This fearsome T-Rex is made from recycled cardboard and can be positioned in 10 poses. Bioviva Eco Kits are made from recycled sturdy cardboard, are recyclable and each dinosaur comes with an instructional booklet.