Written by Domenica
The days are becoming warmer, and it’s time to dust off the cobwebs and head outdoors for some eco-fun in the sun! Yep, this month we thought we’d bring you a collection of cool eco-friendly outdoor toys – enjoy, and don’t forget to slip, slop, slap
1. Burn energy and save energy all at the same time with this skipping rope made from 100% cotton rope and 100% recycled plastic handles.
2. The Green Toys EcoSaucer™ Flying Disc is made from 100% recycled plastic grocery bags that save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The sky’s the limit with this toy!
3. I love the idea of re-using old tyres to make a cool tyre swing for the backyard. If you don’t have a spare tyre handy, then check out the Pendulum Tyre Swing which comes complete with a second hand rubber tyre, ropes and mounting rings. Wheeeeee!
4. Get ready to spend quality time camping outdoors with the Terra Kids Camping Light. This light works without an outlet; simply move the crank and 5 LED will shine as a generator produces the electricity.
5. Perfect for budding entomologists, the My Nature Habitat toy by Seedling is made from natural and untreated sustainable wood materials, and is perfect for inquisitive minds.
6. Warmer weather means getting out and about more. If you are planning a picnic out, try using one of these handmade re-usable snack and sandwich bags instead of plastic food wrap. Available in a set of three, this will keep excess wrap out of the landfills – plus it is super cute.
7. Made with sustainably sourced natural kraft board and printed with water soluble inks, the Flatout Frankie Little Aeroplane cardboard kit will provide hours of outdoor flying fun.
8. Made from sustainable planation rubberwood and non-toxic water based finish and paint, the Debut Wooden Scooter is made for zooming. One to remember for Christmas, perhaps?
9. Get kids growing in the garden with the Twigz range of gardening and outdoor tools. We saw these in person at the recent Kids Instyle show and were super impressed with the quality – unlike some plastic garden tools, these are designed to last. How about growing some yummy cherry tomatoes, or maybe a little herb garden? Whatever you choose to grow you can be sure that your food is free of chemicals.
See individual stores for shipping fees.