Held last weekend in New York, there was an abundance of kids designer labels showcasing their products for buyers and the media at Playtime New York – www.playtimenewyork.com, the international trade show ‘dedicated to the universe of children’.
The New York 2013 edition of Playtime comprised quality wares from 100 exhibitors from around the globe including clothing, footwear, accessories, toys and furniture. The international talent on offer was inspiring and every exhibitor was truly special. It was a tough call, but we’ve rounded up our top 1o exhibitors in the below. Browse the full list of Playtime New York exhibitors here.
Stay tuned for Playtime Paris and Playtime Tokyo editions coming in July and August 2013, respectively.
1. Grass & Clovers: Using new, vintage and recycled fabrics, and featuring raw edges and appliques, this range has a hip, vintage, folksy charm about it. Woodstock anyone?
2. Indikidual: Made from organic cotton, this collection of clothing for boys and girls is both stylish and expressive. Mixing and matching allows kids to experiment with fashion and layer for whatever the weather holds.
3. Little Flock Of Horrors: With a colour palette inspired by licorice allsorts, this range is handmade in New Zealand from 100% Merino that is sourced from the mountainous terrains of the Southern Alps.
4. Home Grown Books™: Artist-led and content-rich, Home Grown Books™ will inspire kids to develop a love of reading early on.
5. Radish Moon: Introducing kids to art from an early age is paramount in my opinion. Take a look at the fabulous collection of prints, puzzles and dishes by artist, Sarah Nicholas Williams; the colours, fantasy and whimsy will captivate.
6. MK Boys Club: Bringing some dapper boyish flair with the coolest range of luxe velour blazers, pants and bowties.
7. Oeuf: Known for their clean and modern children’s furniture, Oeuf have developed a clothing range with the same beautiful aesthetic. It also transforms the lives of women and children in Bolivia by allowing them a sustainable flow of income.
8. Mini & Maximus: We can see why this label has a huge celebrity following: the designs are easy to wear, artistic, colourful and super cool.
9. The Little Seed: Founded by Paige Goldberg Tolmach and Soleil Moon Frye (of Punky Brewster fame!), The Little Seed are ‘Green in Every Color’. Their clothing range is made from 100% raw and organic cotton and low-impact dyes, and their eco toy range is a must see, with brightly-coloured wooden toys a nostalgic delight.
10. NICO.NICO: NICO.NICO combine fine organic and sustainable fabrics with modern, comfortable designs that are timeless yet affordable.
Please visit each brand to access postage and delivery information to your location.