Each year my kids wait in barely contained excitement for annual Book Week to arrive. It is an opportunity for them to choose their favourite book and dress up as their favourite character during the weekly celebration.
Book Week 2014 will be celebrated from Saturday 16 August until Friday 22 August – not long now! To help you prepare we have collated 13 awesome costumes for you to consider from DIY options to those that are ready to wear. Which will you choose?
All books listed below are available from Book Depository and the price includes free delivery worldwide.
- Pippi Longstocking Hair Tutorial Makezine + Pippi Longstocking By Astrid Lindgren $18.65
- Alice in Wonderland The Berry Little + Master Carroll: Alice in Wonderland $10.01
- Lord of the Rings Gandalf CostumeBox $47.99 + The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings Boxed Set $37.38
- Hot Air Balloon Tutorial Rook No. 17 + Around the World in Eighty Days By Jules Verne $25.58
- Grug Costume Instructables + Grug By Ted Prior
- Where’s Wally Costume Box $33.99 + Where’s Wally? By Martin Handford $6.59
- Minecraft Steve Costume Just a Little Creativity + Minecraft Kid’s Stories: A Series of Minecraft Children’s Books $13.05
- Tiger Cape Sparrow & b $60.00 + The Tiger Who Came to Tea By Judith Kerr $12.79 $10.98
- Gruffalo Dress Up Apron The Educators’ Spin On It + The Gruffalo By Julia Donaldson $12.79 $11.47
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid mask Book Aid + Diary of a Wimpy Kid By Jeff Kinney $15.44
- DIY David Costume Coolest Homemade Costumes + No, David! By David Shannon $18.15 $17.69
- Rainbow Fish Here Come the Girls + Rainbow Fish: Big Book By Marcus Pfister $31.09 $23.06
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 Mrs BC’s House of Chaos + The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss $10.39
Want more great kids books ideas? Visit the KidStyleFile Loves Kids Books archive and check out the KidStyleFile Reader’s Choice Top 20 Children’s Books of All Time.