We all know that choosing fruits instead of refined treats for a snack is the better choice for us – it boosts vitamin and mineral intake and provides a good dose of beneficial fiber. For me, there’s nothing like biting into a juicy piece of fruit, but I think sometimes most kids prefer to chase the ice cream truck than sit down to a plate of fruit or bowl of berries.
If getting your kids to choose fruits over sweets is a challenge, it’s time to get creative with preparation and make fruit fun. We have gathered together a host of ways to make fruit a little more appealing (pun intended)… sometimes its simply about presentation and all these ideas are easy enough for you and your kids to whip up and munch down.
- Silly Apple Bites via Fork and Beans
- Fresh Fruit Frozen Yogurt Pops via Meet the Dubiens
- Chocolate Kiwi Popsicles via Show Food Chef
- Fruit Sushi – Frushi via Dinner at the Zoo
- Watermelon Pizza via Nugget Markets
- Apple Peanut Butter Teeth via Mom Foodie
- Dolphin Tale via Popsugar
- Apple Pie Baked Apples via Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Pistachio Melon Cake via Listotic