Earlier today, while packing my suitcase for my family’s school holiday adventure, I had a sudden flashback to my own childhood when my mum and dad took my two brothers and myself on a road trip from Darwin to Victoria. It was a wonderful experience that has inspired me to regularly hit the road with my own family so we can see more and more of Australia.
With tens of thousands of road trip kilometres under my belt, I have learned that keeping the kids occupied is the key to a stress free trip. Truth be told, I learned that just driving them to the shops! Rather than handing them the iPad, I like to amuse them with activities. Here are my current favourites.
- DIY Portable LEGO Kit via Fun at Home With Kids
- Travel Checkers Board via Stacy Vaughan
- The Great Alphabet Race via Handmade Charlotte
- Road Trip Drawing Prompts via Picklebums
- Road Trip Activity Bag Ideas via The Nerds Wife
- Are We There Yet? Bags via Frugal Living NW
- Easy Chalkboard Activity Tray via I heart arts n craft
- Letters on the Go via No Time For Flash Cards
- Button Snakes via Engaging Toddler Activities
- I-spy Bottle via Meet the Dubiens
- DIY Travel Felt Board via Something is Done
- Coffee Can Travel Kit via Crafts Unleashed