Travelling is something that my husband and I try to do as a family as often as possible. Our children are now at primary school and have started to contribute to our regular discussions about where to go next. Without fail, they always ask if there will be a zoo to visit on our adventures. There’s always a bustle of excitement when they learn we are heading to an Australian Zoo!
Zoos are an attraction that the whole family can enjoy. Most contribute to the conservation and ongoing sustainability of the many species they care for and to the education of the public so we are aware of the dire straits of many of the world’s animals. I like to think that my entrance fee and donations help to further the support.
When did you last visit a zoo? Regardless if it was yesterday or before your kids arrived, a visit should definitely be on your upcoming travel diary. To help you find one nearby, we have sourced some of our favourite zoos all around Australia. Each offer some wonderful animal encounters and a few offer accommodation on site too. Which will you head to next?
- Australia Zoo Beerwah, Queensland
- National Zoo & Aquarium Yarralumla, ACT
- Symbio Wildlife Park Helensburgh, NSW
- Taronga Zoo Mosman, NSW
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo, NSW
- Mogo Zoo Mogo, NSW
- Crocodylus Park Darwin, NT
- Featherdale Wildlife Park Doonside, NSW
- Adelaide Zoo Adelaide, SA
- Healesville Sanctuary Healesville, Vic
- Melbourne Zoo Melbourne, Vic
- Werribee Open Range Zoo Werribee, Vic
- Hobart Zoo Riverside, Tas
- Perth Zoo Perth, WA