When I was a kid, I loved the beginning of the Christmas holidays. School was out for the summer and the excitement of Christmas was building. We would set to crafting decorations for the house and tree and mum would be preparing goodies for Christmas so sweet treats were aplenty. To a child, crafting and sweet eating are fun and combined they are truly funtastic!
Today we have a ball with Santa’s favourite striped sweet the candy cane! Who knew the humble candy cane could have so many uses? From table, door and tree decorations to delicious treats, activities and even science experiments. We have gathered here together a collection of 13 fun (and yummy) candy cane inspired activities, craft and recipes. I have to say that I had a hard time choosing the best. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of food, craft and playtime ideas out there floating in the internet. I would do them all if I could but there’s just not enough time or space!! So I’m leaving it to you dear readers to get busy on my behalf. Gather those goodies, grab your kiddos and put those candy canes to use!
Left to right, top to bottom:
- Candy Cane Crunch Milkshake via I Wash You Dry
- Candy Cane Popcorn via The Idea Room
- Rice Krispie Treats via Essentially Eclectic
- Candy Cane Crown DIY via Recipes and Me
- How to Make a Candy Cane Vase via eHow
- DIY Holiday Place Cards via About
- Reindeer Candy Cane via Today’s Creative Life
- Erupting Candy Cane Science via Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Candy Cane Fudge via Wine and Glue
- Candy Cane Hunt via Dirt & Boogers
- Candy Cane Reindeer via By Stephanie Lynn
- Candy Sleighs via Ellyn’s Place
Feature Image from front page: Christmas Candy Cane Sleds via Cake Whiz