There’s almost nothing as relaxing as sitting back under the sun and losing yourself in a good book. It’s one of those mundane, everyday activities that we often take for granted until summer leaves us for autumn. This season, I’ve promised myself and the kids that we will spend at least 30 minutes each day reading outside together. I’ve even procured an amazing reading list which I’m sharing with you today.
With so many amazing books ready to pick up and read it is often difficult to know which one to start with but I’m hoping the twenty that I have listed will give you a great head start. I’m already half way through Hannah Kent’s latest book, The Good People and having trouble putting it down!
So to each of you, a good night reading. Choose well and enjoy!
- Hiding Heidi Fiona Woodcock $16.99 $12.75
- The Fabulous Friend Machine Nick Bland $24.99 $19.25
- The Gobbledygook and the Scribbledynoodle Justine Clarke $19.99 $16.75
- Penguin Problems Jory John $24.99 $19.25
- Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World Kate Pankhurst $14.99 $12.40
Chapter Books for Kids
- Hotdog #1 Anh Do $12.99 $9.50
- The Unforgettable What’s His Name Paul Jennings $14.99 $10.95
- Diary of a Minecraft Zombie Zack Zombie $5.00 $4.25
- Pugly On Ice Pamela Butchart $12.99 $12.95
- Clover Moon Jacqueline Wilson $32.99 $26.40
Young Adult Fiction
- A Monster Calls Patrick Ness $19.99 $15.95
- Fly on the Wall E. Lockhart $16.99 $14.75
- Spontaneous Aaron Starmer $19.99 $16.75
- The Call Peadar O’Guilin $ 19.99 $16.75
- Tales of the Peculiar Ransom Riggs $19.99 $16.75
For Mum and Dad